Facebook Badge

Keep updated ,Follow us here

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Facebook For iOS Exceeded 100 Million Active Monthly Users

Yesterday Facebook announced that the "Facebook for iPhone" has passed a staggering 100 million users per month, which indicates that about the same number of devices currently sold by Apple, but an important note to clarify that the Facebook application doesn't support native iPad interface.

The development task of the Facebook was complicated, Jow Hewitt, who headed the Facebook development project, leaved the project due to the restrictive policies in Apple. He spoke to TechCrunch:
My decision to stop iPhone development has had everything to do with Apple’s policies. I respect their right to manage their platform however they want, however I am philosophically opposed to the existence of their review process. I am very concerned that they are setting a horrible precedent for other software platforms, and soon gatekeepers will start infesting the lives of every software developer.

The web is still unrestricted and free, and so I am returning to my roots as a web developer. In the long term, I would like to be able to say that I helped to make the web the best mobile platform available, rather than being part of the transition to a world where every developer must go through a middleman to get their software in the hands of users.
[via ispazio]

0 comments:

Post a Comment